Elder Matthew Pena - North Carolina Charlotte Mission

Elder Matthew Pena - North Carolina Charlotte Mission
Matthew 5:16
"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven."

Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Monday January 23, 2014



Dear Mom, Dad, Jonathan,

          Just to let you know Dad, yes it has been very cold. It snowed last Tuesday and I don't like the snow. We got our transfer calls just this past Saturday and guess what, I am still here in Kannapolis! By the time that this transfer is over I will be in my first area for seven and a half months. It has been a very long time here, it feels like, and in this ward you get pretty attached to the members. The really like us, so it will be sad on both sides, when I leave. But, at least that will not be for at least another six weeks, so we don't have to worry about that right now. Our district leader is going home this weekday so we will be getting a new one tomorrow. It is sad to see him go because we got to know each other pretty well, but he lives in California and I believe in the southern part so he wont really be to far from me when I get back. Orange county is in the southern part of California right? The baptism was a very neat experience that I enjoyed greatly, it was kind of funny though how he chose which one of us was going to do it. It actually came down to the flip of a ring, I will let ya'll figure that one out for know. Also know we are teaching a fellow who is a Hatfield and a direct descendant of that family that we saw on the history channel. We are also teaching a woman that is a member that was married in New York. She has not been to church in a very long time and still believes in it and would like to raise her son in the church. She is a very kind person and even had us over at her house last week for lunch. Other then that I cannot think of too much right know but I will also send some pictures today as well, hope ya'll have a good week and I cant wait to hear from ya'll soon. Love ya'll.

Love,

       Elder Matthew Pena

No comments:

Post a Comment