Elder Matthew Pena - North Carolina Charlotte Mission

Elder Matthew Pena - North Carolina Charlotte Mission
Matthew 5:16
"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven."

Monday, September 30, 2013

September 16, 2013

Sorry that these are out of order. I had to take out a few things that Matthew asked me not to post on the blog, so that is why it's real short. I wanted to post what I could.

Dear Mom and Dad,

          Every thing is going great over here. I did get the letter that was sent a few days ago and I did very much appreciate it. I sent a letter on Friday so it should be there soon. I really don't have all that much to say about this week, but as soon as I start walking out of the library I will remember something. We use computers at the library and I was looking and I can't send pictures from here because there is no USB port that I can put my card reader into, (big waste of money that reader was). Anyway I'm going to take a few more pictures and send the SD card in the mail. A few of the other Elders I know have done that. You can also send me an SD card with some pictures on it from back home and of some of the races, please no videos though thanks.

I went on my first transfer on Friday. That is where the district leader comes over to our area for 24 hours to see how things are going basically, and I go over to his area for that time. I was in a place called Albamarl, or as my companion calls it Albahole, because it is this great big place with nothing in it. It was a very fun experience and I got to be with a couple of different Elders that where really fun to work with. Yes, there where 3 in that companionship. Please don't put this in the blog. (Content deleted) Okay, we are good now. Two people this past week thought I was a seasoned missionary and where surprised to find that I have only been in less then a month, so that made me feel good.

I know that as soon as I leave I will think of 5 things I wanted to say but I can't think of them right now. One last thing something that might be good to show Jonathan is Mormon.org, Go through some of the profiles and videos that people have of themselves, you know those I'm a Mormon videos, that would be good for him. 

Also, Dad look up Vai Sikahema in your high school year books from Mesa High, he was a football player and track star there, He later played for BYU and is a news sport caster in New York I believe. He came and gave a talk to us the last Sunday I was in the MTC. Anyway I will talk to you all later and look forward to your letters.

Love,
       Elder Matthew Pena


P.S. Remind me I need to write about all the interesting people in this ward, some of them have done some pretty neat things. Also, one of them almost tricked me into eating a slug.

No comments:

Post a Comment