Elder Matthew Pena - North Carolina Charlotte Mission

Elder Matthew Pena - North Carolina Charlotte Mission
Matthew 5:16
"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven."

Thursday, September 12, 2013

September 9, 2013 Email

Dear Mom and Dad,

          I'm still not sure if I am allowed to send pictures or not, but I have an interview with the Mission President this week, so I will find out more then. This week, not to much has been going on. We taught one of the new investigators that we found and she wants to set a baptismal date, so I will keep you posted on how that goes. 

We also found a new investigator the other day. This guy is pretty much living the gospel already. The stuff he told us was right in line with the Doctrine. He is a mechanic, and he also drag races. He was showing us some of the decals on his car and one of the ones he showed was under the hood, and it read "Real men love Jesus". He said he was church hoping, trying to find the one that best fits with what he believes and what goes along with what he has read in the Bible.  So hopefully he realizes, he has found it. 

Every thing else is going great! The ward here is unbelievable. Here, I feel just like any other member, only with a title. Our dinner appointment last night cancelled, so the Bishops wife said that we could go over to their house for dinner. We didn't want to impose, but she said it was alright, she was only making panini's. By the way I hope you proof read these before they go on the blog. (Side note from me, yes I do proof read them. I have to!) After dinner, they had us over to a homecoming for a recently returned missionary. There were so many desserts there. They were trying to give us and everyone else, desserts to take home. We didn't want to take any because me and my companion have made a decision to eat healthier. I swear I have gained 10 pounds, I don't know when, all I know is I have never weighed over 150 and now I'm at 160!

Anyways later that night, after we returned home, the return missionary stopped by our apartment and handed us two plates of desserts from the party and said "here we wanted you to have this." So much for watching what we eat.

I also have to be careful what I say around the church members. One of the members was picking us up to take us to lunch and I was telling him how disappointed I was that I went 5 dollars over my budget. Next thing I know, he is trying to give me 5 dollars!  People here are really nice, even if they don't like you. 

I need to start wrapping this up,  but Mom I am really proud that you are going back to school and everyone I tell that to, is happy for you as well. Jonathan, good luck at your game, I'll tell every one here how you do. They absolutely love football over here. Dad thank you for keeping me posted on the races and guns and such, it does help through the week looking forward to that little piece of home. Tell Basha I'll pray for them all. Other then that the work is going great, I'll write a letter later this week and give you more details.

Love,

       Elder Matthew Pena

No comments:

Post a Comment