Elder Matthew Pena - North Carolina Charlotte Mission

Elder Matthew Pena - North Carolina Charlotte Mission
Matthew 5:16
"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven."

Monday, August 26, 2013

First Email from MTC - August 15, 2013

Dear mom and Dad,

     I figured I would send this email to the both of you just in case. Sorry it took so long for me to email, but my P-day was not until Thursday. I have to say that there is a lot that has been going on! It's to the point that it is hard to recap an entire day, let alone a week. I saw Sister Waller last night and today, she is in my zone and her districts class room is right next to mine. It was cool to see all the new people come in and remember what it was like for me. It was like drinking from a fire hose. Right after processing, they threw you right into it. Our 2 main classes are 3 hours each. So far, the food has been pretty good and I have no complaints there. On Tuesday we had our devotional at the Marriott center, it was the first one to be televised live to other MTC's around the world. Elder Richard G. Scott of the 12 came and talked to us on prayer. The spirit from his talk is beyond words. I do kind of wish I was learning another language now, only because when he talked he gave an Apostalistic (sp?) blessing on all the missionaries learning another language. It is amazing all the things that go on in here, spirit wise. One of our teachers has be playing an investigator and each companionship goes in a teaches him. We have been doing this for awhile now, and just the other day he ran into some really tough times with his addiction that set him back a bit, so after me and my companion talked with him, my companion wanted to give him the blessing. We were really "lucky" that he had his oil and I had the cheat sheet! When it was over my companion was shaking and our teacher had tears in his eye's, and he was not acting that part out. I wish I could tell you more, and if I have enough time later I might send another email. In short, we are all getting along very well and are all pretty good friends with each other, and to Mom every one loves you Especially Elder Turnbow. 

Love,

       Elder Pena

No comments:

Post a Comment