Elder Matthew Pena - North Carolina Charlotte Mission

Elder Matthew Pena - North Carolina Charlotte Mission
Matthew 5:16
"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven."

Monday, August 26, 2013

Snail Mail Letter!

Dear Mom and Dad,

I'm going to get into the habit of writing you more. As I'm sure you know, I made it to North Carolina alright. Flying over Charlotte, we all marveled at the landscape. It is so green, the likes of which I cannot recall ever seeing before, and the beauty is beyond description.

After we landed, we all got together and went down to meet the Mission President and his wife. They greeted us and we got our bags. As soon as we stepped outside, it was like a wall of humidity. It wasn't too bad at first, but when I started to help load the bags, that's when it got bad. They then brought us to the mission home and fed us really good. After a quick Q and A with some of the Elders and Sisters, we all went to our temporary residence. We stayed with some of the Elders.

The next day, all the new people went to an old chapel for a few more lessons. Then later that afternoon we were brought into the Chapel which was filled with other Elders and Sisters. It was there that we were paired up with our new companions. My companions name is Elder Keegan Call and he is from Detroit Michigan. I said goodbye to my old district and headed off.

I am in the Kannapolis area. I have been out here since yesterday. A member drove us here and he was so nice and had a thick accent, but it's not as common as you may think. Elder Call introduced me to the people in the front office of the complex. They are not members but they treat us as we are best of friends. Already we have talked to a few people.

We get to use iPads and we are basically writing the book on how to use them. I have already met some interesting people and I will tell you more later, there is just so much! Until then I'm doing fine and I am sure God walks along with each one of us during this time.

Love,
Elder Matthew Pena

P.S.  P-day is Monday and Dad can't send me any video on YouTube

No comments:

Post a Comment